This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is lacking content.|
- The melacha of Toveh is spinning fibers or hairs into a thread to be used for weaving. There is a biblical violation of this melacha whether one spins the thread by hand or one uses a special utensil.
- Some poskim consider pressing raw material into a sheet of cloth in which there are no threads to be a Toldah of Toveh.  Others disagree.
- ↑ Rambam Shabbos 9:15, Rabbi Ribiat (v.3, p. 759), Mishnah Brurahh 302:57
- ↑ Chaye Adam (Shabbos 25:1)
- ↑ Rambam Shabbos 9:15
- ↑ The Raavad Shabbos 9:15, argues that pressing raw materials into a cloth is irrelevant to Toveh and cannot be considered a Toldah. He suggests that it could constitute a Toldah of Boneh though, since one is creating a new entity out of the fibers. The Minchat Chinuch 32:16 notes that even though the Rambam holds that pressing fibers into cloth is a Toldah of spinning, it wouldn’t necessarily be considered spinning for other areas of halacha, such as shatnez.