Prayers of Rosh Chodesh
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.Jump to navigation Jump to search
- One should say Hallel on Rosh Chodesh skipping the paragraphs of Lo Lanu and Ahavti.
- The Ashkenazic minhag is to recite a bracha before and after Hallel on Rosh Chodesh. One may recite the bracha whether one prays with a congregation or alone. Nonetheless, one should endeavor to say it with the congregation.
- The Sephardic minhag is not to recite a bracha before or after Hallel on Rosh Chodesh. The Morrocan minhag for those who live in Morroco is to recite Hallel with a bracha.
- A sephardic person who prays in an Ashkenaz minyan should not respond amen when they recite the beracha before Hallel on rosh chodesh, rather he should think Amen. 
- For the halachot of removing Tefillin on Rosh Chodesh before Mussaf, see the When_to_Wear_Tefillin#Rosh_Chodesh page.
- The Mitzva of Hallel by Rabbi Hershel Schachter
- Saying Hallel on Rosh Chodesh by Rabbi Zvi Sobolofsky
- ↑ Shulchan Aruch 422:2, Mishna Brurah 422:12
- ↑ Rama 422:2, Tosfot Sukkah 44b in the name of Rabbenu Tam (Sefer Hayashar Siman 537). see Nefesh Harav pg. 175 where he writes that each person should try to say the beracha with the shaliach tzibbur because if you wait to recite it until after the chazzan, it could be that you're yotze the beracha with him.
- ↑ Shulchan Aruch O.C. 422:2, Rambam Hilchot Berachot 11:16, Sh"t Yechave Daat 4:31, Yalkut Yosef Kitzur Shulchan Aruch 422:2. See however, Sh"t Tevuot Shemesh Siman 68 regarding the minhag in Morocco.
- ↑ [Rav Yitzchak Yosef https://www.torahanytime.com/#/lectures?a=126301 (Sukkot 5773 min 7)]
- ↑ Sh"t Yechave Daat 4:31, Sh"t Yabea Omer 9:38:3
|( V | T )||Specific parts of Prayer|
| Birchot HaShachar - Birchot HaTorah - Korbanot - Kaddish - Pesukei DeZimrah - Barchu - Birchot Kriyat Shema - Kriyat Shema|
Amidah: Shmoneh Esrei - Mashiv HaRuach - Atta Chonen - Atta Chonantanu - Hashivenu - Slach Lanu - Refaenu - Barech Aleinu - Yaaleh VeYavo - Al Hanissim - Sim Shalom - 3 Steps - Chazarat HaShatz - Kedusha - Birkat Cohanim - Havinenu
Post-Amidah: Kriyat HaTorah - Hagbah and Gelila - Tachanun, Ashrei, Aleinu, Shir Shel Yom
Other daily prayers
|Mincha - Mariv/Arvit - Repeating Shema at Night - Bedtime Shema - Tikkun Chatzot|
|Tefillat HaDerech - Mussaf - Hallel of Rosh Chodesh|