This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.Jump to navigation Jump to search
- It is permissible and a mitzvah to donate blood, as it is used to save lives.
- One may donate an organ which without, the donor will have full health with no detrimental effects. 
- A heart transplant isn't allowed since it is a major dispute if taking a live heart is considered killing the donor.
End of life care
Allocation of medical supplies
- Rav Yitzchak Yosef (Motzei Shabbat Kedoshim 5779 min 1)
- See Yachava Daat 3:84, Tzitz Eliezer 9:45, Minchat Yitzchak 5:7. Similarly, Rav Asher Weiss (Aguda Teleconference, April 6, 2020, min 20-22) stated that donating a kidney isn’t risk free but it is minimally dangerous and it is life saving and therefore it is a middat chasidut to do it.
- Rav Yitzchak Yosef (Motzei Shabbat Kedoshim 5779 min 10)