Halachos of Lefties
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.Jump to navigation Jump to search
- When putting a piece of clothing you should put on the right side and then the left. A lefty should do the same.
- A lefty should put on his right shoe first and also tie his right shoe first.
- When tearing kriyah for seeing the area of the Bet HaMikdash a righty and lefty should both tear on their right side. The same is true of tearing kriyah for a parent.
- One who washes his hands fills the cup while holding it in his right hand and then transfers the cup into his left hand and washes his right hand. A left-handed person should also follow this procedure and wash his right hand first.
- A lefty should cover his eyes of kriyat Shema with his right hand. See the Kriyat Shema#Covering One's Eyes section.