Revision as of 20:46, 26 October 2018 by MordechaiD (shem hagedolim availability)
- Rav Aharon HaLevi, known as the Ra'ah, was the grandson of Baal HaMaor a Talmid of the Ramban, and teacher of the Ritva. His brother was Rav Pinchas HaLevi, and he authored Pekudat HaLeviim on Ketubot, Berachot, Sukkah, and Taanit, as well as the Bedek HaBayit on the Rashba's Torat HaBayit.
- For centuries, it was believed by many that the Ra'ah authored Sefer HaChinuch, as the latter was written by a Talmid of the Ramban who is a Levi. Later Acharonim determined that might not be the case, because their rulings are sometimes contradictory.
- The Ra'ah's Bedek HaBayit on the Rashba's Torat HaBayit was not available to the Shulchan Aruch.
- Ritva Sukkah 34b, Shu"t HaRosh 20:17
- Shem HaGedolim (Gedolim, Aleph 132)
- Yad Malachi (Klalei Shear Mechabrim 23)
- See Shem HaGedolim (Gedolim, Aleph 132 and Sefarim, Chet 80), Sdei Chemed Klalei HaPoskim 15:36
- Yad Malachi (Klalei HaTur 15), Shem HaGedolim (Sefarim, Bet 30)