Bracha Achat Mein Shalosh
(Redirected from Al HaMichya)
- If one ate a Kezayit of mezonot food (cake, cookies, etc) after one finishes eating one should make Al HaMichya. 
- If someone has a food that’s a safek Al Hagefen one should not eat that food together with a Kezayit of Shehakol and Kezayit of Shevat HaMinim as it’s forbidden to add any addition to Al HaMichya even if it doesn’t cause an addition of Hashem’s name. 
- If someone had a food that’s a Kezayit of Mezonot and less than a Kezayit of Shevat HaMinim one shouldn’t add the addition of Al HaEtz but one who does add it in has what to rely on. 
- Someone who ate a Mezonot and Shevat HaMinim can fulfill the obligation of his friend who only had a Safek Kezayit of Mezonot and the addition of Al HaEtz isn’t a Hefsek. 
- If someone ate a Kezayit of Mezonot and a Revi'it of wine and forgot to make add Al Hagefen one should make a new bracha in order to say Al HaMichya. 
- If a person eats a Kezayit of shivat haminim and a Kezayit of another fruit one can make an al haetz (bracha achrona) and that covers both fruits. 
Shiur to obligate Al HaMichya
- If a person ate cake or any mezonot the minhag is to recite al hamichya as long as he ate a kezayit of the cake if there is a proportion of 1 portion of 1 flour to 6 parts of the total ingredients.
- The Bracha Achrona for grapes, figs, pomegranate, olives, and dates is Bracha Achat Mein Shalosh with the insert of Al HaEtz VeAl Pri HaEtz. 
- Shulchan Aruch 208:1 and 210:1
- S”A 208:18 based on the Trumat HaDeshen 30
- Sh”t Mishneh Halachot 4:29 says that this law should be similar to that of the S”A 208:18 where one shouldn’t add in an addition even if one isn’t adding Hashem’s name. However, he concludes that one has what to rely on if one does add the part of Al HaEtz because the Taz and some achronim say that this S”A is only true Lechatchila, but bedieved one should add in that line of Al HaEtz. Yalkut Yosef (vol 3 pg 496#22) implies that one shouldn’t add the addition unless one had the proper Shiur.
- Birkei Yosef 213, Shaarei Teshuva 213:3, Petach Dvir, Yerach Avraham (O”C 7 pg 13c), Tiferet Adam 7, Kaf HaChaim 213:8, and Yalkut Yosef (vol 3. pg 496 #23)
- Yalkut Yosef (vol 3 #23) writes that since one didn’t fulfill the obligation when he left it out of the Al HaMichya he should make a new bracha. He defends his position in Sherit Yosef (vol 3 pg 346)
- Shulchan Aruch 208:13, Mishna Brurah 208:63
- Mishna Brurah 208:48 writes that even though some poskim hold that it is necessary to eat a kezayit of flour excluding the other ingredients the minhag is to include the other ingredients if there is a ratio of 1 part flour to 6 parts of the total ingredients. Chazon Ovadyah (Brachot pg 190) accepts this opinion of only requiring 1/6 flour. Birkat Hashem (vol 2, pg 166), Or Letzion (vol 2, pg 169), and Daily Halacha (by Rabbi Mansour) concur.
- Tur 208:1 writes that the fruit of the seven species with which Israel was praise have Bracha Achrona of Bracha Mein Shalosh. S”A 208:1 agrees.