Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 13:41, 11 August 2020 by YitzchakSultan (Text replacement - "Category:Klalim" to "Category:Klalei Haposkim")
- R' Shimon of Shantz, also known as the Rashba or Rash MiShantz, was a Talmid of the Ri Hazaken and brother of the Ritza.
- When elucidating a Mishnah, R' Shimshon a number of times first presents the explanation that seems correct but then negates it by quoting the Gemara's explanation.
- There's a debate if the Rash ever saw the Rambam's Perush HaMishnah, because he never quotes it in his own commentary, yet, he apparently discuss it in letters with other Rishonim.
- Shem HaGedolim (Gedolim, Shin 178)
- Yad Malachi (Klalei She'ar Mechabrim 9)
- Yad Malachi (Klalei She'ar Mechabrim 11), Matnat Yado fn. 21