Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 07:01, 3 May 2013 by Nisan (Added sources.)
Until legitimate sources have been added for each halacha, please note that the halacha's without sources on this page may be questionable. Homosexuality is prohibited and is punishable by "karet"(severance).
The prohibition of homosexuality
- A man may not lie sexually with another man. The punishment for doing so is karet and HaShem considers the act to be a "to'eva"( perversion).
- Sexual contact with another man is forbidden through the prohibition of arousing sexual thoughts. 
- If one notices a desire for homosexuality(or any forbidden activity), they must recognize and acknowledge it. 
- As with any forbidden activity, one must take precautions to prevent oneself from engaging in it; all the more so when challenged with a desire for it.
- Vayikra 18:22
- Vayikra 18:22, Keritot 2a
- Nidah 13b
- Template:Midrash Yalkut Shimoni Vayikra 20
- Devarim 23:10